Academic Writing in English course (e-learning)
Level: Upper-Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (B2/C1)
Are you someone who likes to study at home, has little time or just loves to work at your own pace? Then the online course Academic Writing in English is just the thing for you. This interactive and challenging course will help you to improve your academic writing skills from wherever you are.
About the course
You will benefit the most from this course if your English is at language level B2. Would you like to know your current language level? Try our free language level test! Are you interested in this course and would you like to take sneak peak? Take a look at our free demo course Academic Writing.
- This course aims to develop and improve the academic language skills that Bachelor and Master students need for study purposes.
- At the end of this course, you will be able to express yourself better in academic English.
During the course, instructions will be given on how to improve your writing skills and you will be doing exercises which will be immediately corrected online. You will also be writing parts of your own article/ literature review which will be commented on by the trainer.
The course involves 10 modules featuring various aspects of academic writing, such as:
- using formal language
- expanding academic vocabulary
- structuring a text
- using correct punctuation
- avoiding wordiness
- revising grammar issues
- linking ideas
- recognising common pitfalls
- The course is aimed to last 8 weeks, however you will have access to the course for a period of 3 months. This way, you are free to organise your time flexibly.
- The average student spends around 40 – 50 hours on this course.
- For this course all the materials are presented online. After registration you will receive a login code. You can start this course at any time.
- You will receive a certificate if you have completed at least 80% of the course.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.