Chinese 2 course (A1- → A1)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Have you taken the Chinese level 1 language course? Or have you otherwise familiarised yourself with the basics of the Chinese language? Then you are now ready for the next step: expanding your vocabulary and applying your language skills in practice! You will work towards language level A1.
Please note: this course is given in Dutch.
Starting from 8 February 2024
About Chinese 2
In this course, you will deal with a number of common themes from everyday life. For example, you will learn to talk about your profession, give a description of a person or indicate a location.
Furthermore, you will be introduced to some important grammar rules and apply them right away in various writing and speaking exercises. For example, you will learn to make question sentences with question words “Nǎ 哪”、”shénme什么”、”shéi谁”、”jǐ几”. You will also learn how to use the subjunctive “de的” as a clause. Moreover, you will be introduced to measure words of “Kǒu口”、”gè 个”、”zhāng张”.
In this course, you work towards language level A1.
After completing this course you:
- can read between 100 and 160 frequent Chinese characters. You can write about 50 of these.
- know 10 Chinese radicals and 3 measure words.
- can give information about yourself and request information from others about, for example, family members, nationality, age, work and food preferences.
- are ready for the Chinese level 3 course.
- During these meetings, you will work individually, in pairs or in class on interactive assignments.
- As a teaching method, we use ‘New Practical Chinese Reader’. In this course, the teacher also uses a lot of his own material.
- Chinese 2 consists of 9 sessions of 1,5 hours at Babel in Utrecht or in the virtual classroom.
- To ensure that you learn as much as possible from the classes, you should expect to spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on study and the completion of materials and assignments, which will be discussed during the classes.
- The language of instruction during the course is Dutch and the textbook is in English.
- As a teaching method, we use New Practical Chinese Reader vol.1 Textbook and Workbook (Chapters 2 and 3). You can order the necessary books for this course via our website’s Order Books page. You should make sure to have the book before the start of the first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate if you attend at least 8 of the 9 classes.
- Do you work at Utrecht University or are you registered as an (exchange) student at the university? Then you get a 15% discount on this course! Register with your UU e-mail address, and the discount will be automatically processed.
Starting date: 8 February 2024 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Thursday 8 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 15 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 22 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 29 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 7 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 14 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 21 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 28 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Thursday 4 April 2024 18:30 20:00