Looking for a Dutch course? We have a wide range of Dutch language courses to offer, from beginner courses to courses for German speakers and courses for foreign doctors. We offer Dutch language classes in Utrecht as well as the virtual classroom.
Beginners course Dutch
In small groups, you will learn the basics of the Duch language in a short time. Ideal for anyone who wants to learn Dutch!
Our Dutch courses
Whatever your level, we have a suitable course for you: from a language course for beginners to an exam training course for the State Exam. Most courses are offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom.
|Course||Lessons||Weeks||Start level||Target level||Price|
|Elementary Dutch (A2)||34||18||0||A2||€ 975,-|
|Elementary Dutch – intensive course (A2)||34||9||0||A2||€ 975,-|
|Intermediate Dutch (B1)||34||18||A2||B1||€ 975,-|
|Intermediate Dutch – intensive course (B1)||34||9||A2||B1||€ 975,-|
|Upper-Intermediate Dutch (B2)||34||18||B1||B2||€ 975,-|
|Upper-Intermediate Dutch – intensive course (B2)||34||9||B1||B2||€ 975,-|
|Advanced Dutch (C1)||16||16||B2||C1+||€ 550,-|
|Course||Lessons||Weeks||Start level||Target level||Price|
|Preparation course State Exam NT2 II||8||8||B2||B2||€ 560,-|
|Exam training Dutch language certificate for healthcare professionals B1||8||4||B1||B1||€ 520,-|
|Exam training Dutch language certificate for healthcare professionals B2+||8||4||B2+||B2+||€ 520,-|
|Course||Start level||Target level||Price|
|Dutch level 1 (e-learning)||0||A1-||€ 185,-|
|Dutch level 2 (e-learning)||A1-||A1+||€ 185,-|
|Dutch level 3 (e-learning)||A1+||A2-||€ 185,-|
|Dutch level 1+2+3 (e-learning)||0||A2-||€ 465,-|
|Brush Up your Dutch – the Tenses (e-learning)||A1||–||€ 80,-|
|Brush up your Dutch – Word Order (e-learning)||A1||–||€ 80,-|
|Brush Up your Dutch – combination course (e-learning)||A1||–||€ 150,-|
Top reasons to choose Babel for your Dutch course
Learning a new language or improving your current language level takes time and energy. You want your efforts to lead to the maximum result, as do we. We believe in a pragmatic and personal approach. We have listed the most important reasons for you to choose us for your Dutch course:
- Quality is key. We are specialized in language classes for highly educated people.
- Our experienced teachers are always there for you and provide you with a lot of personal attention and feedback.
- Our language classes offer interactive content, videos and varied assignments.
- We meet your needs! Learn wherever and whenever you want, even if you are not in the Netherlands yet.
- You will receive practical tips & tricks that you can immediately apply in real life.
Free language level test
Is this the first time you are taking a Dutch course at Babel? Then you may need to do a placement test, depending on your situation. Our placement test is free of charge and will let you know exactly what your current language level is. The test is available online at all times and can take up to 60 minutes.
Registering with a DUO loan
Are you entitled to a student loan from the DUO (Educational Administration Service) to help pay for your Dutch course? Then you should always have an intake interview with a teacher, before you can register for a course. This page gives more information about registering for a course with a DUO student loan.
Dutch as a second language for study or work (NT2)
There are exams at two proficiency levels:
- Programme I is intended for pepole who want to enter vocational training (mbo) or for those who want to apply for a professional career in the Dutch labour market at vocational level. The language level of this programme is B1 (CEFR).
- Programme II is intended for people who want to enter higher education (hbo) or university studies (wo) or for those who apply for a job at an academic level. The language level of this programme is B2 (CEFR).
Most schools in mbo, higher education or universities only accept students who have a diploma State Exam NT2. For more information visit the official state exams website.
Would you prefer to enrol in an online course to study the Dutch language? No problem! Babel offers a range of online Dutch courses that help you to improve your Dutch via the internet. Following an online course allows you to study at your own pace, in the place where you are most comfortable. We offer online Dutch courses via our virtual classroom and via e-learning:
- Virtual classroom: In the virtual classroom, you and your fellow students follow interactive, real-time language classes taught by experienced teachers. The virtual classroom is best seen as the online version of a traditional classroom.
- E-learning: When you follow an e-learning course, you watch videos, read the teaching materials and do online exercises, but do not have a fixed class time and you work at your own pace.
Utrecht Summer School
Summer is the time to meet new people and learn something new. And how fun is it to combine those two things? That’s why we’re offering several summer courses this summer, in collaboration with Utrecht University. Students from around the world come to Utrecht to take one of our intensive language courses, which are given in July and August. The courses take place on location at Babel, in the heart of Utrecht centre.
Would you like to learn Dutch? Our Dutch courses in Utrecht cover the four skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking. In addition, we will look at Dutch grammar and Dutch vocabulary. We offer student-centred learning, and our class activities will take student feedback into account. The trainer and the student are jointly responsible for the learning process. Through a variety of effective teaching methods, you will learn the Dutch language as thoroughly and quickly as possible. The best way to develop a new language is by actively practising. Cultural issues such as cross-cultural communication and cultural differences also play an important role in our lessons.