Brush up your Dutch – package e-learning modules
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Can you speak Dutch at A2-B1 level? Or do you want to revise the verb tenses as extra practice? Then this online course is suitable for you. You can follow the course separately or as extra practice during a regular course.
€ 120,00Sign up
About the course
Is Dutch not your mother tongue? Would you like more practice with your word order? Do you often doubt whether you should say Omdat ik ben jarig or Omdat ik jarig ben? Then this online course is suitable for you.
This course provides a complete overview of Dutch word order with accompanying exercises. It includes sentences with and without inversion, subordinate clauses, sentences with one or two verbs, the use of conjunctions and word order in longer sentences.
For this course your Dutch must be at least at A1 level. You can combine the course with a regular A2 course. If your language level is B1, you can follow the course independently.
Do you want to know your Dutch language level? Take our free online entry test.
- place words in the correct position in long sentences
- make sentences using inversion
- make main clause and subordinate clauses
- make sentences with two or three verbs
- combine sentences using linking words.
- use the correct form of the verbs
- choose the correct verb tense
- place the verb in the right place in a sentence
The course takes place online. You can work on the materials independently.. If you have any questions, you can email the trainer. The course consists of written and spoken assignments. You receive regular personal feedback from the trainer.
The course consists of seven chapters: main clause, main clause with inversion, subordinate clause, present, perfect, imperfect and future. Within these chapters, you practise using different sorts of verbs ( regular, modal, reflexive and separable). Each chapter starts with an explanation followed by listening, reading, writing and speaking practice.
The course lasts for seven weeks. If necessary, you can work on the materials for an extra two weeks. The course consists of a short introduction and seven chapters. One chapter takes approximately one week. The average student spends around 30 hours on this course.
- The language of instruction is Dutch
- If you have completed 80% of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU
- Email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.