Brush up your Dutch course – word order (e-learning)
Level: Beginner (0/A2), Intermediate (A2/B1), Upper-Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (B2/C1)
Is Dutch not your mother tongue? Would you like more practice with your word order? Do you for instane doubt whether you should say ”Omdat ik ben jarig” or ”Omdat ik jarig ben”? Then this is the right course for you!
About the course
Would you like extra practice with sentence structure? You can follow the course separately or as extra practice during a regular course. This course provides a complete overview of Dutch word order with accompanying exercises. It includes sentences with and without inversion, subordinate clauses, sentences with one or two verbs , the use of conjunctions and word order in longer sentences.
For this course your Dutch must be at least at A1 level. You can combine the course with a regular A2 or B1 course. If your language level is B1, you can follow the course independently. Would you like to know your current language level? Then take our free placement test.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- place words in the correct position in long sentences.
- make sentences using inversion.
- make main clause and subordinate clauses.
- make sentences with two or three verbs.
- combine sentences using linking words.
- The course takes place online. You can work on the materials independently.
- The course consists of three chapters: main clause, main clause with inversion and subordinate clause.
- Each chapter starts with an explanation followed by a variety of exercises.
- The course consists of written and spoken assignments. You receive regular personal feedback from the trainer.
- If you have any questions, you can email the trainer.
- The course lasts for three weeks. If necessary, you can work on the materials for an extra two weeks.
- The course consists of a short introduction and three chapters. One chapter takes approximately one week.
- The average student spends around 15 hours on this course.
- The language of instruction is Dutch
- If you have completed 80% of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.