Brush up your Dutch course – the tenses (e-learning)
Level: Beginner (0/A2), Intermediate (A2/B1), Upper-Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (B2/C1)
Is Dutch not your mother tongue? Would you like to practise the Dutch verb tenses? Are you for instance not sure if you should say ”ik ging” or ”ik ben gegaan”? And do you wonder how to talk about the future in Dutch? In this online course you improve your grammar skills in an interactive manner.
About the course
Do you want to revise the verb tenses as extra practice? Then this is the right course for you. You can follow the course separately or as extra practice during a regular course. This course includes the modal, reflexive and separable verbs and the different verb tenses (present, perfect, imperfect and future).
For this course your Dutch must be at least at A1 level. You can combine the course with a regular A2 or B1 course. If your language level is B1, you can follow the course independently. Would you like to know your current language level? Then take our free placement test.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- use the correct form of the verbs.
- choose the correct verb tense.
- place the verb in the right place in a sentence.
- The course takes place online. You can work on the materials independently.If you have any questions, you can email the trainer.
- The course consists of written and spoken assignments. You receive regular personal feedback from the trainer.
- The course consists of four chapters: present, perfect, imperfect and future. Within these chapters, you practise using different sorts of verbs ( regular, modal, reflexive and separable).
- Each chapter starts with an explanation followed by listening, reading, writing and speaking practice.
- The course lasts for four weeks. If necessary, you can work on the materials for 12 weeks.
- The course consists of a short introduction and four chapters. One chapter takes approximately one week.
- The average student spends around 15 hours on this course.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- If you have completed 80% of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.