Japanese 2 course
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Japan, the land of the rising sun. One of the world’s largest economies. An extraordinary culture. In this Japanese language course, you will learn the basics of the Japanese language. The emphasis is on speaking, listening and reading. Ideal for students who will follow an exchange programme in f.i. Tokyo or Kyoto, or for business people dealing with Japanese customers and suppliers.
Please note: this course is given in Dutch.
Starting from 5 February 2024+ 1 more dates
About Japanse 2
You can start this course if you have completed Japanese Level 1 or spend 20 hours on studying Japanese. Japanese level 2 introduces the second sound script, Katakana. In addition, the grammatical basics are completed. You will learn to hold a simple everyday conversation. You will learn to ask for directions, make appointments and plan (business) trips. Certain aspects of Japanese culture are also covered.
After completing this course you will:
- master Hiragana and Katakana passively.
- be able to write Hiragana and Katakana.
- be able to hold a simple conversation on a number of everyday topics.
- be ready for the Japanese Level 3 course.
- The teacher covers grammar and lessons from the book in plenary.
- There are also handouts for grammar, glossaries and the teacher gives additional explanations on the board.
- Japanese level 2 consists of 9 sessions of 1,5 hours at Babel in Utrecht or in the virtual classroom.
- To ensure that you learn as much as possible from the classes, you should expect to spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on study and the completion of materials and assignments, which will be discussed during the classes.
- The teacher will speak Japanese as much as possible. Participants can ask questions in Japanese or in Dutch.
- You can order the necessary books for this course via our website’s Order Books page. You should make sure to have the book before the start of the first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate if you attend at least 8 of the 9 classes.
- Do you work at Utrecht University or are you registered as an (exchange) student at the university? Then you get a 15% discount on this course! Register with your UU e-mail address, and the discount will be automatically processed.
Starting date: 5 February 2024 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Monday 5 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 12 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 19 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 26 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 4 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 11 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 18 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 25 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Monday 8 April 2024 20:15 21:45
Starting date: 7 February 2024 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Wednesday 7 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 14 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 21 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 28 February 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 6 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 13 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 20 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 27 March 2024 20:15 21:45 Wednesday 3 April 2024 20:15 21:45