English Pre-Intermediate (A2)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
This course will help you with the basics of English. Maybe you understand a lot more than you can say. Maybe you know some words, but cannot put them into sentences, or feel scared when you have to speak them out. This course will help you to overcome your fears and teach you what you need to use English in your daily life!
€ 445,00Sign up
Starting from 7 September 2021+ 1 more dates
About the English Pre-Intermediate (A2) course
This course is for students who are at level A1. This means that you probably do not speak English very often, although you understand words and phrases. You can read some simple English around you, but you want to learn more.
Our teachers will help you to learn how to use English to communicate with the people around you, and will teach you the basics of the language, taking you to level A2.
This course runs over nine weeks, for 18 lessons of 1hr45. You can learn face-to-face or online. You will learn how to
- Introduce yourself and talk about your hobbies, family, life and plans
- Handle practical, real world situations like shopping, booking a hotel room, or making friends on a holiday
- Describe the world around you (events, places, people)
- Use the correct verb forms to talk about the present, future and past
We use the book English File Pre-Intermediate. This book has a lot of online activities for self-study and homework included, and you can also download a special Pronunciation App to go with the course. Your trainer will work on activities from the book with you in every lesson, but will add other things too, depending on what you need.
By the end of this course, you will feel more confident using English. You will know how to form good, clear sentences to communicate about practical situations. You’ll be able to talk more easily to people.
Maybe watching Netflix will be a bit easier too! You will recognise more English words around you, and understand some of the main verb forms. Your vocabulary will increase.
After this course, if you want to go further, you can join our B1 course (Intermediate). Your teacher will help you to decide if that is right for you.
All Babel’s courses are taught by highly-qualified, professional teachers and are interactive, fun, and focused on students’ needs. This means we:
- Are flexible to what a group needs
- Ask for your feedback on how the lessons are going, and respond to what you tell us
- Use high-quality materials
- Do a lot of speaking activities, in small groups and as a whole group
- Teach grammar and vocabulary in a way that connects them to real life use
- Encourage students to learn outside the classroom too
This course consists of 18 classes of 1hr45 minutes. Alongside this, you will need to do some homework and preparation for your lessons. You should expect to spend at least 2 hours a week on this.
However, the more time you give to learning, the more you will benefit. There are lots of exercises to practise at home. There are lots of websites where you can read more English texts, and lots of ways to listen to more English. Your teacher will show you these, and you can decide for yourself how much you want to do.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book. You can order this book on our special book page. Please ensure you have your book ready for the first session.
- If you are learning online, you can order the e-book version of the student book. You can do this here.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you follow at least 80% of the classes.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 7 September 2021
Day Date Start End Tuesday 7 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 14 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 21 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 28 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 5 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 12 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 19 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 26 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 2 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 9 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 16 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 23 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 30 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 7 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 14 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 4 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 11 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 18 January 2022 18:00 19:45
- Starting date: 17 November 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 17 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 22 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 24 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 29 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 1 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 6 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 8 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 13 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 15 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 20 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 22 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 3 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 5 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Monday 10 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 12 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Monday 17 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 19 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Monday 24 January 2022 20:00 21:45