Russian 2 course (A1- → A1)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you already have knowledge of Russian and can you read the Cyrillic alphabet? In Russian level 2, you develop your language skills and become familiar with Russian culture. You work towards language level A1.
Please note: this course is given in Dutch.
Starting from 7 February 2024
About Russian level 2
In this course, you will learn the basics through speaking and listening exercises and learn the characters of the Cyrillic script. The course builds on Russian level 1. In terms of grammar, the emphasis is on the aspects of verbs, past and future tenses. This course also uses additional material such as (cartoon) films and games.
You can take this course if you have taken Russian level 1 or if you have attained level A1- through other means. To enter, you must be able to read the Russian alphabet and master 4 of the 6 cases. Not sure what your language level is? Then take our free placement test.
In this level 2 course, you will work towards language level A1.
After this course you:
- master all the noun cases and the three verb tenses.
- understand listening texts at word level.
- know all letters of the alphabet and are able to read texts fluently.
- are able to hold a simple conversation in Russian.
- In this course, we work with the book ‘Paspoort voor Rusland’. You will need both the text and workbook. You can order the required books for this course via our special books page. You should make sure to have all required materials before the start of the first lesson.
- In this course, chapters 4 to 7 are covered. In this course too, the teacher uses extra material to reiterate what has been learned.
- Russian 2 consists of 9 sessions of 1,5 hours at Babel in Utrecht or in the virtual classroom.
- To ensure that you learn as much as possible from the classes, you should expect to spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on study and the completion of materials and assignments, which will be discussed during the classes.
- The teacher will speak Russian as much as possible. Participants can ask questions in Russian or in Dutch.
- You can order the necessary books for this course via our website’s Order Books page. You should make sure to have the book before the start of the first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate if you attend at least 8 of the 9 classes.
- Do you work at Utrecht University or are you registered as an (exchange) student at the university? Then you get a 15% discount on this course! Register with your UU e-mail address, and the discount will be automatically processed.
Starting date: 7 February 2024 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Wednesday 7 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 14 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 21 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 28 February 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 6 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 13 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 20 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 27 March 2024 18:30 20:00 Wednesday 3 April 2024 18:30 20:00