Korean 1 course (A0 → A1-)
Location: Nieuwegracht 94, Utrecht
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
The Korean language is gaining more interest thanks to the increasing popularity of South Korean culture and its fast growing economy. This course will teach you the basics of the Korean language and help you on your way to start using Korean in daily practice .
Starting from 5 September 2023
About this course
This course will prepare you to interact with Koreans whether you go to Korea on holiday, go on a study exchange or for business purposes.
In this course you will:
- master Hangul, the Korean alphabet.
- learn the basics that will help you to understand Korean sentence structure.
- learn to form basic sentences, for example, asking directions and talking about your schedule
- learn what is culturally appropriate in various situations.
This course is aimed at those who wish to achieve level A1-. You can start at this level without any prior knowledge of Korean.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- read, write and pronounce Hangul.
- introduce and talk about yourself in Korean.
- ask for or give directions.
- form and answer simple questions.
- continue with Korean level 2.
- In this course you will use the textbook and workbook of ‘Integrated Korean‘. Please make sure to order the required materials on time, as there might be some delay in delivery.
- During class there will be listening, speaking and writing practice. The instructor will explain the vocabulary and grammar, and provide extra examples. Some assignments will be done individually or in pairs. If there is enough time, there will be additional games.
- Korean level 1 consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht or in the virtual classroom.
- To ensure that you learn as much as possible from the classes, you should expect to spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on study and the completion of materials and assignments, which will be discussed during the classes.
- The classes will be given in English, but additional Dutch explanation is possible when needed.
- In this course you will use the textbook and workbook of ‘Integrated Korean Beginning 1 second edition’. Please make sure to order the required materials on time, as there might be some delay in delivery.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
Starting date: 5 September 2023 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Tuesday 5 September 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 12 September 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 19 September 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 26 September 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 3 October 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 10 October 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 17 October 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 24 October 2023 19:45 21:15 Tuesday 31 October 2023 19:45 21:15