Korean level 2
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Would you like to impress your Korean business partner? Or are you planning on visiting Seoul? This course will teach you more about the basics of Korean language and help you on your way to use Korean in daily conversation.
During the lockdown, all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
About the Korean Level 2 course
This course will continue on where Korean level 1 left off and prepare you further to interact with Koreans for whether you go to Korea on holiday, go on a study exchange or for business purposes.
Through this course you will learn…
- How to use basic grammar, verb tenses and different speech styles, which will enable you to carry a more extensive conversation.
- What is culturally appropriate in various situations.
Studying Korean through this course is not just about listening to the instructor and filling in your workbook, but through games and audiovisual material the students can learn Korean in a fun way.
This course is aimed at those who wish to achieve level A1.
This course follows after Korean Level 1. You can also start this course with level A1-.
After completing this course…
- You will learn to ask and tell about destination and purpose
- You will learn to talk about present and past activities
- You will be able to use various verb tenses
- You will learn about the different speech styles
- You will be able to conjugate verbs and apply basic grammar
- You will be able to give extensive directions
In this course you will use the textbook and workbook of ‘Integrated Korean Beginning 1 second edition’.
During class there will be listening, speaking and writing practice. The instructor will explain the vocabulary and grammar, and provide extra examples. Some assignments will be done individually or in pairs. If there is enough time there will be additional games.
This Korean level 2 course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht.
The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week. It is important not only to do your homework, but also to regularly spend time working on building up your vocabulary.
- In this course you will use the textbook and workbook of ‘Integrated Korean Beginning 1 second edition’. Please make sure to order the required materials on time, as there might be some delay in delivery.
- The classes will be given in English, but additional Dutch explanation is possible when needed.
- Students are expected to make workbook assignments and memorize vocabulary as there will be vocabulary tests.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 19 April 2021 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Monday 19 April 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 26 April 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 3 May 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 10 May 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 17 May 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 31 May 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 7 June 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 14 June 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 21 June 2021 18:30 20:00
- Starting date: 22 April 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Thursday 22 April 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 29 April 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 6 May 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 20 May 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 27 May 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 3 June 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 10 June 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 17 June 2021 20:45 22:15 Thursday 24 June 2021 20:45 22:15