English Advanced (C1)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
Are you looking to get your English skills to the level you need for university studies or to work completely in English? Or are you planning to move to an English speaking country? Do you want to greatly increase your higher level vocabulary knowledge? This fast-paced course will take you where you need to go!
€ 475,00Sign up
Starting from 9 September 2021+ 1 more dates
About the course
This course is for students who are at level B2. This means that you perhaps sometimes already work in English and are happy communicating with people about your opinions and ideas. You can probably already read and listen to most English without too many problems – it’s just the odd word or phrase that you lose! What you miss are some of the subtleties, idioms, and less common bits of vocabulary.
In this course, our teachers will help you to learn how to take your English to level C1. They will work on fluency and accuracy in both writing and speaking, adding to your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary. Learning about formal and informal language in writing and speaking is an important part of this course. This course will also give you the language you need to succeed in the Cambridge English C1 Advanced exam.
- By the end of this course, you have reached C1 level. You will feel considerably more confident using English and will know many more words and phrases that help you to express complex ideas in speaking and writing. You will be able to present and discuss abstract ideas and information, and feel at ease with whatever social and workplace situations come your way.
- You can add to this course with our specialised Cambridge Advanced Exam training, if your goal is to get an internationally recognised certificate proving you are at level C1. You may need this for immigration purposes in some countries, or to prove you have full working proficiency in English for larger organisations worldwide.
- Babel is a Cambridge exam centre, working in partnership with the British Council. We are highly experienced in preparing students for their Cambridge exams and will support you every step of the way towards success in your exam.
We use the book English File Advanced. This book has a lot of online activities for self-study and homework included, and you can also download a special Pronunciation App to go with the course. Your trainer will work on activities from the book with you in every lesson, but will add other things too, depending on what you need.
All Babel’s courses are taught by highly-qualified, professional teachers and are interactive, fun, and focused on students’ needs. This means we:
- Are flexible to what a group needs
- Ask for your feedback on how the lessons are going, and respond to what you tell us
- Use high-quality materials
- Do a lot of speaking activities, in small groups and as a whole group
- Teach grammar and vocabulary in a way that connects them to real life use
- Encourage students to learn outside the classroom too
- This course consists of 18 classes of 1hr45 minutes. Alongside this, you will need to do some homework and preparation for your lessons. You should expect to spend at least 3 hours a week on this. You can submit writing practise to your teacher for feedback.
- The more time you give to learning, the more you will benefit. There are lots of exercises to practise at home available to you. There are also many websites where you can read more English texts, and many ways to listen to more English online. Your teacher will show you these, and you can decide for yourself how much you want to do and what suits you.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book. You can order this book on our special book page. Please ensure you have your book ready for the first session.
- If you are learning online, you can order the e-book version of the student book. You can do this here.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you follow at least 80% of the classes.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 9 September 2021
Day Date Start End Thursday 9 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 16 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 23 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 30 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 7 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 14 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 21 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 28 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 4 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 11 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 18 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 25 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 2 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 9 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 16 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 6 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Thursday 13 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Thursday 20 January 2022 20:00 21:45
- Starting date: 16 November 2021
Day Date Start End Tuesday 16 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 23 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 30 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 7 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 14 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 21 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 4 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 11 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 18 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 25 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 8 February 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 15 February 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 22 February 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 1 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 8 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 15 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 22 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 29 March 2022 20:00 21:45