IELTS Exam Preparation course
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Preparing for the IELTS exam? Do this efficiently in our IELTS preparation course. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
COVID-19 update 16 March 2021: Important information
During the lockdown, you can take one lesson per week on location in Utrecht. The rest of your lessons will be via Virtual Classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will fully switch back to teaching on location. So, you can still enrol for an on-site language course. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus in our buildings here.
About the IELTS exam preparation course
This training aims to help you improve your English skills and prepare you for the IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System). If you need to improve your score we can help you develop the skills you need. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
This course focuses on:
- listening (comprehension, supporting ideas, important details);
- structure (revision of tenses, completing sentences and finding grammatical errors);
- reading (main ideas, inferences, vocabulary);
- writing (analysing exam questions, organising and developing ideas in standard English);
- speaking (keeping up a conversation, language of discussion, vocabulary);
- exam strategies (timing, avoiding misleading answers).
During the course we will work in groups, pairs and also do some tasks individually. This course also involves self-study.
This course consists of 9 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.