Preparation course State Exam NT2 I
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
This intermediate course aims at preparing you for the State Exam NT2 programme I.
COVID-19: As long as the measures against the coronavirus are still in place, we will continue to host our classes in virtual classrooms. For the courses that start in the week of 20 April, we offer a free flexible booking policy.
Starting from 7 September 2020
About the Preparation course State Exam NT2 I course
The programme I certificate is sufficient if you are not in a senior or management position or if you are planning to attend a Dutch school of Lower or Intermediate Vocational Education (MBO). It is also accepted as an official exam to meet the Dutch naturalization (inburgering) requirements.
The four language skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) are extensively practised on the basis of tasks in the course book ‘Vooruit, voorbereiding op het Staatsexamen NT2 I’. In addition, during the course you will prepare for the exam using model exams. The course will take place at our institute in Utrecht.
State Exam NT2 programme I is at a lower level than State exam NT2 programme II. Programme II is required if you want to study or work at a Dutch university, a Dutch Polytechnics or college of Higher Vocational Education, or if you have a senior or management position. If you want to prepare for State Exam programme II, you can do the Preparation course State exam NT2 II.
Are you entitled to a loan from the DUO (Educational Administration Service) to help pay for your Dutch course? And this is your first course at Babel? Then you need to have an intake interview with a teacher and do a placement test. This page gives more information about registering for a course with a DUO student loan. Here you can sign up for an intake interview.
You may join this Preparation course State Exam NT2 I if you have reached B1 language level. You have to assess your language level. This can be done by means of the online placement test.
This course is suitable for students who are in possession of:
- A certificate of a completed course on intermediate level (B1)
- CEF-score, at least level B1 for language structure, writing and self-assessment
- Intake test with advice level B2.
Participants will become familiar with the level and content of the State Exam NT2 programme I. They will have sufficient practice in the four language skills to be well prepared for the exam. During the course, participants will be given feedback on the speaking and writing tasks in addition to being given suggestions and advice on how to deal with the reading and listening tasks. Students will be also advised on how to enlarge their vocabulary and improve their general language level.
Classroom sessions will include pair or group work, or individually assignments.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session. Supplementary material (model exams) will be provided by the teacher during the course.
Participants are expected to do homework for the reading, listening and writing skills. The teacher will correct the students’ writing tasks. Furthermore, an answer key to the reading and listening tasks is provided on the book website.
This Preparation course State Exam NT2 I course consists of 16 sessions. The advised self-study load is 50 hours (approx. 3 hours per session).
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session. Supplementary material (model exams) will be provided by the teacher during the course.
- Participants should attend at least 80% of the meetings. Since the aim of the course is to prepare you for the official State exam, the course itself does not have a final test. However, the model exam tasks handed in will be corrected and assessed by the teacher. The students can then judge for themselves whether their level is sufficient at the end of the course to be able to take the exam.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 7 September 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 7 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 9 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 14 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 16 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 21 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 23 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 28 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 30 September 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 5 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 7 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 12 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 14 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 19 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 21 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Monday 26 October 2020 09:00 10:45 Wednesday 28 October 2020 09:00 10:45