Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
This advanced course prepares you for the Staatsexamen NT2 programma 2. It deals with the four skills listening, reading, writing and speaking, and there will be time to repeat and expand your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary.
Starting from 20 April 2020
About the Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate) course
This course covers the following themes: work and leisure time, society, communication, weather and geography, politics, art, energy and Holland.
This course is also suitable for Danish, Swedish and Norwegian people.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B2 in a short period of time.
This course is suited when you have a
– Certificate Elementary Dutch (A)
– Certifcatie Dutch for German Speakers (Beginners)
– Placement test level B1.
Participants can understand the main idea of complex texts, both with concrete and abstract subjects, including technical discourse in the participant’s own professional field. Participants can react fluently and spontaneously, in such a way that a normal exchange is possible with native speakers of Dutch, without any strain on either side.
Participants can produce a clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects, and they can give their opinion on a topical issue and give advantages as well as disadvantages of different options.
Different competences will be discussed during the classes. Assignments will be made in class, in groups, pairs or individually. More information about the course programme, homework and suggestions for additional online exercises will be published on the electronic learning environment.
In this course we use the book De finale. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate) course consists of 17 sessions of 1 hour 75 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 30 hours.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- In this course we use the book De finale. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Participants should attend at least 80% of the meetings. Please note that this is a fast course, especially suitable for German speakers. There will be no final test.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 20 April 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 22 April 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 29 April 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 4 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 6 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 11 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 13 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 18 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 20 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 25 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 27 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 3 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 8 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 10 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 15 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 17 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 22 June 2020 18:00 19:45