Dutch for German Speakers (Beginners)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
This course covers the four skills listening, reading, writing and speaking. In addition, we will look at the basics of Dutch grammar and Dutch vocabulary.
All our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom, at least until 20 April. For upcoming face-to-face courses we are working on the basis of several possible scenarios as regards the courses starting in the week of April 19th. These are outlined here for you.
We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
About the Dutch for German Speakers (Beginners) course
The following themes will be used:
- getting to know each other
- on the road / going out
- making a date
- going shopping
- living accommodation,
- work / leisure time
- visiting the doctor
- asking for information
This Dutch for German Speakers (Beginners) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A2 in a short period of time.
Participants can understand the most important aspects of clear standard texts on subjects that they frequently come across at work, at school or during their leisure time. They can deal with most situations that can arise while travelling in areas where Dutch is spoken. They can produce simple texts on subjects that are familiar or that are of interest to them. They can describe experiences and occurrences, dreams, expectations and ambitions, and they can briefly explain their opinions and intentions.
Different competences will be discussed during the classes. Assignments will be made in class, in groups, pairs or individually. More information about the course programme, homework and suggestions for additional online exercises will be published on the electronic learning environment.
In this course we use the book De opmaat. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Beginners) course consists of 17 sessions of 1,75 hours or 19 sessions of 1,5 hours. The advised self-study load is 30 hours.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- In this course we use the book De opmaat. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Participants should attend at least 80% of the meetings. Please note that this is a fast course, especially suitable for German speakers. There will be no final test.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.