Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
This advanced course prepares you for the Staatsexamen NT2 programma 2. It deals with the four skills listening, reading, writing and speaking, and there will be time to repeat and expand your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary.
During the lockdown (at least until 2 March), all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
€ 390,00Sign up
Starting from 19 April 2021
About the Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate) course
This course covers the following themes: work and leisure time, society, communication, weather and geography, politics, art, energy and Holland.
This course is also suitable for Danish, Swedish and Norwegian people.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B2 in a short period of time.
This course is suited when you have a
– Certificate Elementary Dutch (A)
– Certifcatie Dutch for German Speakers (Beginners)
– Placement test level B1.
Participants can understand the main idea of complex texts, both with concrete and abstract subjects, including technical discourse in the participant’s own professional field. Participants can react fluently and spontaneously, in such a way that a normal exchange is possible with native speakers of Dutch, without any strain on either side.
Participants can produce a clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects, and they can give their opinion on a topical issue and give advantages as well as disadvantages of different options.
Different competences will be discussed during the classes. Assignments will be made in class, in groups, pairs or individually. More information about the course programme, homework and suggestions for additional online exercises will be published on the electronic learning environment.
In this course we use the book De finale. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Intermediate) course consists of 16 sessions of 1,75 hours or 18 sessions of 1,5 hours. The advised self-study load is 30 hours.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- In this course we use the book De finale. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Participants should attend at least 80% of the meetings. Please note that this is a fast course, especially suitable for German speakers. There will be no final test.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 19 April 2021
Day Date Start End Monday 19 April 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 21 April 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 26 April 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 28 April 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 3 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 5 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 10 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 12 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 17 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 19 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 26 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 31 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 2 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 7 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 9 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 14 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 16 June 2021 18:00 19:45