Chinese 7 course (A2 → A2+) (HSK standard course 3 part 1)1)
Level: Beginner (0/A2), Intermediate (A2/B1)
Have you followed the Chinese level 6 course and want to further develop yourself? Or do you have knowledge of Chinese in another way and want to take your language skills to the next level? In this course you will work towards language level A2+. This course also prepares you for the globally recognised Chinese HSK level 3 exam.
Please note: this course is given in Dutch.
About Chinese 7
During the Chinese Level 7 course, you will learn to read texts as the Chinese do, without pinyin, in preparation for the HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) Level 3 exam. You will also delve further into sentence patterns, grammatical topics and pronunciation.
During the course:
- Further develop your speaking and listening skills
- Focus on reading skills, vocabulary development and simple writing.
- Prepare you for Exam Chinese HSK level 3.
In the Chinese level 7 course, you will work towards language level B1-.
After completing this Chinese level 7 course you will:
- be able to hold an everyday conversation in Chinese without too much difficulty.
- know how to use sentence patterns and grammatical topics belonging to HSK 3 correctly.
- understand simple Chinese texts on everyday topics.
- be optimally prepared to stay in China for your travel, study and work.
For the Chinese level 7 course, you need the book Standard course HSK 3. You will need both the textbook and the workbook. We assume that you will have the book with you at the first meeting, so that we can make a good start right away. You can order the required books for this course via our special books page. The study book is covered in class and the workbook is for self-study to facilitate learning.
The working methods of this course alternate between:
- Classroom explanations
- Exercises in groups or pairs
- Role plays
In all these teaching formats, the focus is on speaking, listening and reading skills.
- Chinese 6 consists of 9 sessions of 1,5 hours at Babel in Utrecht or in the virtual classroom.
- To ensure that you learn as much as possible from the classes, you should expect to spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on study and the completion of materials and assignments, which will be discussed during the classes.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- You can order the necessary books for this course via our website’s Order Books page. You should make sure to have the book before the start of the first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate if you attend at least 8 of the 9 classes.
- Do you work at Utrecht University or are you registered as an (exchange) student at the university? Then you get a 15% discount on this course! Register with your UU e-mail address, and the discount will be automatically processed.