Dutch language test for medical practitioners from the EEA
We are now offering all examinations on location again. The health of our candidates and employees is important to us. To ensure that exams and tests can be carried out safely, we have taken the following measures:
- Tables and chairs will be placed at least 1.5 meters apart
- Hand sanitiser will be available in every room
- Workstations will be cleaned after computer use
- Rooms will be cleaned at the end of every exam
In addition, we would like to draw your attention to the following:
- If you have (mild) cold complaints, you cannot take an exam at Babel. You can reschedule free of charge up to 48 hours before the time of your exam.
- Have you had (mild) cold symptoms? You can take your exam if you have been symptom-free for 24 hours.
If you wish to work in the Netherlands as a doctor, dentist, pharmacist psychotherapist or health care psychologist you must be enrolled in the BIG register. As of 1 January 2017, proof of language proficiency is mandatory for the BIG registration. In the following cases you also need to obtain an additional certificate:
- You obtained your certificate within the European Economic Area (EEA) and your certificate can automatically be recognised.
- Your education in the Netherlands was given in English.
Having successfully completed the Dutch language test, the certificate you receive is proof of your language skills and is valid for two years. The certificate is one of the requirements for registration in the BIG register. For further information concerning your BIG registration contact the BIG register.
Dutch Language test
The Dutch language test tests your knowledge and skills of the Dutch language. In order to pass the language test, your level of the Dutch language needs to be at B2/C1 level. The provided information is in Dutch.
The general conditions apply to the language test.
Did you receive your certificate from outside the EEA ? Then you must do the AKV Test instead of the Dutch language test.