Advanced Dutch C1+
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
This course takes your Dutch ability, already at a high level, to greater proficiency, while also gathering more knowledge of Dutch culture.
No further courses scheduled (yet).
This training can be offered as a tailor-made course.
About the Advanced Dutch C1+ course
The higher your level of Dutch, the more important it is to get the subtle details of the language right. And so this course uses current topics and issues to focus on language in more complex situations, where emotions, well-grounded opinions and deeper knowledge of the culture all play a role.
The Netherlands is well known to many people as one of the most liberal countries in the Western world, but in reality the picture is a lot more complicated when it comes to, say, people’s beliefs on ethical and moral questions.
During the course, numerous cultural and social subjects will be explained and discussed, such as how to deal with cultural differences and a variety of socio-economic issues.
This Advanced Dutch C1+ is aimed to those who wish to achieve level C1 in a short period of time.
This course has a minimum language requirement of B2/C1. If you have completed a B2/C1 course at Babel, you may take part in this course. If you have not previously taken a course at Babel, we request that you complete the intake test on our website in order to determine your level.
By the end of the course:
- you will be better able to understand a broad range of long and demanding texts and to recognise implicit meanings within them
- you will be able to express yourself more fluently and spontaneously at a higher level
- you will be able to use the language more flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- you will be able to understand detailed text or argumentation on complex topics.
A diverse range of activities will help you develop your language skills in class, including whole class, group or pair work and individual tasks. At the start of the course an overview of the lessons, including the lesson schedule and regular homework tasks, will be made available in the online learning environment.
During the course you will receive a variety of handouts from the teacher, which can be collected in a course folder. Classroom tasks may be added or altered at students’ request.
This Advanced Dutch C1+ course consists of 17 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 35 hours.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- During the course you will receive a variety of handouts from the teacher, which can be collected in a course folder. Classroom tasks may be added or altered at students’ request.
- Students must attend a minimum of 80% of the lessons and take an active part in class. There is no final test on this course. During the course the teacher will give regular feedback, focused on your individual areas for improvement.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.