Russian 4 (A1+ → A2-)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you already have knowledge of Russian and do you want to take your language skills to the next level? Or have you followed the Russian level 3 course and want to develop yourself further? In the Russian level 4 course you work towards language level A2-.
Please note: this course is given in Dutch.
About Russian level 4
In Russian level 4 we:
- pay attention to the more ‘advanced’ grammatical elements, such as inflection of words with exceptional endings, style and idioms.
- deal with excerpts from Russian literary classics.
- pay a lot of attention to speaking skills.
In this level 4 course, you will work towards language level A2-.
After this course you will:
- have a complete picture of the main grammatical elements of the Russian language; at the same time, you will be able to deal with exceptions.
- be able to study the Russian language independently if necessary.
- have become acquainted with the great Russian writers and poets.
- be even better able to hold a conversation on a wide variety of topics.
- We work with the book ‘Paspoort voor Rusland’. You will need both the text and workbook. You can order the necessary materials for this course via our website’s Order Books page. You should make sure to have all required materials before the start of the first lesson.
- We will cover chapters 11 to 13. The teacher will also use own texts and visual material to reflect what has been learned.
- Russian 4 consists of 9 sessions of 1,5 hours at Babel in Utrecht or in the virtual classroom.
- To ensure that you learn as much as possible from the classes, you should expect to spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on study and the completion of materials and assignments, which will be discussed during the classes.
- The teacher will speak Russian as much as possible. Participants can ask questions in Russian or in Dutch.
- You can order the necessary books for this course via our website’s Order Books page. You should make sure to have the book before the start of the first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate if you attend at least 8 of the 9 classes.
- Do you work at Utrecht University or are you registered as an (exchange) student at the university? Then you get a 15% discount on this course! Register with your UU e-mail address, and the discount will be automatically processed.