English Proficiency (C2)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
Do you want your English to be at native speaker level? Are you looking to learn and use a rich and complex range of English in your working or academic life? This fast-paced course will bring you to the very highest level of English proficiency.
€ 475,00Sign up
Starting from 7 September 2021+ 1 more dates
About the course
This course is for students who are at level C1. This means that you can already work effectively in English, and perhaps have even studied for a degree taught in English. You aren’t afraid of speaking or writing in English for general purposes. What you sometimes miss is how to use English more persuasively and creatively, or to write and speak in more formal settings. Perhaps you also simply love the language and want to enhance your vocabulary for your own pleasure!
In this course, our teachers will help you to take your English to level C2. You will look at areas like inversion, British and American English idioms, less common and formal vocabulary items, emphasis, and complex sentences, as well as some grammar. This course will also give you the language you need to succeed in the Cambridge English C2 Proficiency exam.
- This course takes learners towards level C2.
- By the end of this course, you will have developed high level language skills equivalent to those of a native speaker. You will be able to dazzle others with your English knowledge, and will be able to use the language playfully and creatively to communicate persuasively and humorously, if that is your goal.
- You can add to this course with our specialised Cambridge Proficiency Exam training, if your goal is to get a certificate proving you are at level C2. You may need this for immigration purposes in some countries, or to prove you have the native-speaker level English required for certain jobs (including teaching English!)
- Babel is a Cambridge exam centre, in partnership with the British Council. We are highly experienced in preparing students for their Cambridge exams and will support you every step of the way towards success in your exam. However, you do not need to be taking the exam to join this course
All Babel’s courses are taught by highly-qualified, professional teachers and are interactive, fun, and focused on students’ needs. This means we:
- Are flexible to what a group needs
- Ask for your feedback on how the lessons are going, and respond to what you tell us
- Use high-quality materials
- Do a lot of speaking activities, in small groups and as a whole group
- Teach grammar and vocabulary in a way that connects them to real life use
- Encourage students to learn outside the classroom too
- This course consists of 18 classes of 1hr45 minutes. Alongside this, you will need to do some homework and preparation for your lessons. You should expect to spend at least 3 hours a week on this, and more if you submit all the optional writing assignments for this course.
- The more time you give to learning, the more you will benefit. There are lots of exercises to practise at home available to you. There are also many websites where you can read more C2 level English texts, and many ways to listen to more English online.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book. You can order this book on our special book page. Please ensure you have your book ready for the first session.
- If you are learning online, you can order the e-book version of the student book. You can do this here.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you follow at least 80% of the classes.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 7 September 2021
Day Date Start End Tuesday 7 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 14 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 21 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 28 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 5 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 12 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 19 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 26 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 2 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 9 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 16 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 23 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 30 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 7 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 14 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 4 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 11 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 18 January 2022 20:00 21:45
- Starting date: 17 November 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 17 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 24 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 1 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 8 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 15 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 22 December 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 5 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 12 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 19 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 26 January 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 9 February 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 16 February 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 23 February 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 2 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 9 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 16 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 23 March 2022 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 30 March 2022 20:00 21:45