TOEFL Exam Preparation course
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Do you want to prepare for the TOEFL exam? Do this efficiently in our special TOEFL preparation course. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
Starting from 13 February 2020+ 1 more dates
About the TOEFL exam preparation course
Do you need to improve your TOEFL score? We can help you develop the skills you need! This training aims to improve your English language skills and prepare you for the TOEFL exam. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam. TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language and is a widely respected English-language test, recognized by more than 8,500 colleges and universities in more than 130 countries.
The TOEFL exam training focuses on:
- speaking (keeping up a conversation, language of discussion, vocabulary);
- listening (comprehension, supporting ideas, important details);
- reading (main ideas, inferences, vocabulary);
- writing (analysing exam questions, organising and developing ideas in standard English);
- structure (revision of tenses, completing sentences and finding grammatical errors);
- exam strategies (timing, avoiding misleading answers).
During the course we will work in groups, pairs and also do some tasks individually.
This course consists of 9 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 13 February 2020
Day Date Start End Thursday 13 February 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 20 February 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 27 February 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 5 March 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 12 March 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 19 March 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 26 March 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 2 April 2020 20:00 21:45 Thursday 9 April 2020 20:00 21:45
- Starting date: 20 April 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 20 April 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 4 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 11 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 18 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 25 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 8 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 15 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 22 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 29 June 2020 20:15 21:45