Spoken English Advanced
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Is your English a little rusty? In the advanced communication course Spoken English Advanced you continually speak English, develop your vocabulary, and refresh some grammar along the way. Your active participation in conversations on a wide variety of subjects will increase your fluency and confidence in English.
During the lockdown (at least until 15 March), all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
About the Advanced English Conversation course
The main focus is fluency and ease of communication. There will be discussions on a wide range of topics. The course also covers work on vocabulary development and revision. Grammar will be reviewed on the basis of errors made during the discussions.
This Advanced English Conversation course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B2+ in a short period of time. You can start with level B2. The course provides opportunities for you to practise and improve your spoken English. It also enables you to build your vocabulary.
In this course we offer you practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
This Advanced English Conversation course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is approximately 2 hours per meeting.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- In this course, we offer you practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
- You can order your book here.
- Active participation is preferred in the course meetings; also preparing for the discussion tasks. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2021 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Tuesday 20 April 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 4 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 11 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 18 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 25 May 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 1 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 8 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 15 June 2021 18:00 19:45 Tuesday 22 June 2021 18:00 19:45
- Starting date: 22 April 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Thursday 22 April 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 29 April 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 6 May 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 20 May 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 27 May 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 3 June 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 10 June 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 17 June 2021 20:15 22:00 Thursday 24 June 2021 20:15 22:00