English Cambridge Advanced (CAE) blended
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
We will use a great variety of exercises and classroom activities to work on all your language skills. This C1 level course will also provide you with information you need for passing the Cambridge Advanced exam. This course offers one class session and one self study module per week.
During the lockdown (at least until 15 March), all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
€ 350,00Sign up
Starting from 21 April 2021
About this course
We will use a great variety of exercises and classroom activities to work on all your language skills. This C1 level course will also provide you with information you need for passing the Cambridge Advanced exam.
This English Cambridge Advanced course is aimed at those who wish to achieve level C1. You can start with level B2+. In addition, this course will help you to prepare sufficiently for the Cambridge Advanced exam. The course focuses on:
- Increasing your general conversational skills: using idioms in everyday conversations; talking about reason, results and purpose; practicing the language of persuasion
- Expanding your vocabulary: learn more travel idioms, language to express opinions; academic language; talking about research and reporting on results
- Improving your pronunciation: receive feedback on your spoken production
- Increasing your knowledge of grammar: practice using structures to help you hypothesise, review complex sentences, adverbial clauses and inversion
- Developing your reading skills and acquiring self-study skills;
- Improving your listening skills: understand more complex discussions where multiple speakers are involved
- Honing your writing skills: writing short reports, essays, proposals; explore formal and persuasive writing
- Every week consists of two modules, one module is offered as a class session at Babel and one module as self study. For both weekly modules you will be working with the Cambridge Objective Advanced book and the online learning environment.
- You can order the course book required on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your book to the first session.
- The focus in the class sessions is on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are covered in class and in the self-study modules. In these self-study modules you will also be offered additional videos, audio and screencasts. Prior to each class session, the related self-study module should be completed.
This English Cambridge Advanced course consists of 9 class sessions at Babel in Utrecht and 9 self study modules of at least two hours per week. In addition, we recommend you to prepare properly for each class session.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the Cambridge Objective Advanced book, which you can order on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your book to the first session. Active participation is expected in the course sessions.
- Prior to each class session, the related self-study module should be completed.
- The course also includes 2-3 hours of weekly homework assignments. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings and complete 8 self-study modules.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 21 April 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 21 April 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 28 April 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 5 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 12 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 19 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 26 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 2 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 9 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 16 June 2021 20:00 21:45