Business English Speaking Skills Advanced (C1)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
Are you sometimes insecure about how to pronounce a word in English? Are you having doubts whether you are using the right words when speaking? And would you like to be more convincing when you are presenting? This course offers you a lot of opportunities to practise and perfect your speaking and pronunciation skills with an expert language trainer.
€ 545,00Sign up
Starting from 5 July 2021+ 3 more dates
About the Business Fluency course
This course focuses solely on your speaking skills. With various exercises, you will practice your speaking within the business context. For instance, you will practise with expressing your point of view while telephoning and video-conferencing. You will also learn how to host and participate in meetings. Moreover, you will practice how to successfully deliver your presentation. You will learn how to speak with confidence, accuracy and clarity in difficult situations.
You will practice with asking and answering questions during (one-to-one) meetings, interviews and presentations. We will ask you to come up with topics from your work. By doing so, you will be prepared for situations from your business context and your self-esteem will increase. This course is supported by extra teaching material in an online teaching environment.
Through this course, your language skills and awareness will become more nuanced. You will learn how to recognise and use different professional communication styles and how to move between formal and informal language more naturally. You will also consider the (inter)cultural aspects of business communication.
This course will particularly focus on your work context, so you can immediately put your knowledge into practice. You will receive a high level of personal attention and feedback tailored to your professional needs. Every class will be highly interactive, with regular feedback given by your trainer on your speaking and pronunciation skills.
You can start this course if your level is B2.
By the end of the course you will have:
- developed your professional vocabulary;
- improved both your fluency and accuracy of your speech and learn how to persuade and influence in a business context;
- improved your pronunciation, stress and intonation;
improved your delivery of a presentation or a pitch effectively;
- developed your ability to use and recognize both formal and informal language;
- developed awareness of intercultural communication skills in a business context.
We will work on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities such as short presentations. Vocabulary development will be done in class and at home. Grammar will be revised when necessary. You will receive regular feedback on your spoken and written performance.
The teacher will challenge you (and the group) to get the most out of the course. Due to the personal approach, you will be able to work on your own language learning goals in a safe learning environment. This way, you will quickly learn about your own pitfalls.
This course will take place over nine weeks in evening sessions of 1 hr 45 minutes, held on location at Babel in the historic city centre of Utrecht.
In addition to these sessions, you should give at least 2 hours each week to self-study.
- This course is offered on-site (Utrecht, Rotterdam & Eindhoven) as a face-to-face class in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You can order the book for this course via our book page. We expect that all students will have the course materials with them for their first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 5 July 2021 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Monday 5 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 7 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 12 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 14 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 19 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 21 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 26 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 28 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 2 August 2021 18:00 19:45
- Starting date: 7 July 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Wednesday 7 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 14 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 21 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 28 July 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 4 August 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 11 August 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 18 August 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 25 August 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 1 September 2021 18:00 19:45
- Starting date: 16 September 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Thursday 16 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 23 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 30 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 7 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 14 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 21 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 28 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 4 November 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 11 November 2021 20:00 21:45
- Starting date: 17 November 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Wednesday 17 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 24 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 1 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 8 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 15 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 22 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 5 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 12 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 19 January 2022 18:00 19:45