Business English Speaking Skills Advanced (C1)
Are you sometimes insecure about how to pronounce a word in English? Are you having doubts whether you are using the right words when speaking? And would you like to be more convincing when you are presenting? This course offers you a lot of opportunities to practise and perfect your speaking and pronunciation skills with an expert language trainer.
€ 545,00Sign up
Starting from 17 November 2021
About the course
This course focuses solely on your speaking skills. With various exercises, you will practice your speaking within the business context. For instance, you will practise with expressing your point of view while telephoning and video-conferencing. You will also learn how to host and participate in meetings. Moreover, you will practice how to successfully deliver your presentation. You will learn how to speak with confidence, accuracy and clarity in difficult situations.
Through this course, your language skills and awareness will become more nuanced. You will learn how to recognise and use different professional communication styles and how to move between formal and informal language more naturally. You will also consider the (inter)cultural aspects of business communication.
This course will particularly focus on your work context, so you can immediately put your knowledge into practice. You will receive a high level of personal attention and feedback tailored to your professional needs. Every class will be highly interactive, with regular feedback given by your trainer on your speaking and pronunciation skills.
You can start this course if your level is B2. By the end of the course you will have:
- developed your professional vocabulary;
- improved both your fluency and accuracy of your speech and learn how to persuade and influence in a business context;
- improved your pronunciation, stress and intonation;
improved your delivery of a presentation or a pitch effectively;
- developed your ability to use and recognize both formal and informal language;
- developed awareness of intercultural communication skills in a business context.
We will work on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities such as short presentations. Vocabulary development will be done in class and at home. Grammar will be revised when necessary. You will receive regular feedback on your spoken and written performance.
The teacher will challenge you (and the group) to get the most out of the course. Due to the personal approach, you will be able to work on your own language learning goals in a safe learning environment. This way, you will quickly learn about your own pitfalls.
This course will take place over nine weeks in evening sessions of 1 hr 45 minutes, held on location at Babel in the historic city centre of Utrecht. In addition to these sessions, you should give at least 2 hours each week to self-study.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You can order the book for this course via our book page. We expect that all students will have the course materials with them for their first lesson.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 17 November 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 17 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 24 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 1 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 8 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 15 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 22 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 5 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 12 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 19 January 2022 18:00 19:45