Financial English (e-learning)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
Do you work in a Finance Department and are now having to use financial terms in English more regularly? Are you studying business and finance and need to improve and expand your Financial English vocabulary? Would you like to boost your confidence in using the correct word or term in Financial English? Or would you simply like to brush up your Financial English? Then this online course is the course for you!
€ 250,00Sign up
About the course
Are you a professional in the financial field or a business student looking for ways to improve your financial English vocabulary? Then this practical online course is ideal for you. You will not only expand your vocabulary and pronunciation of difficult financial words but also revise essential grammar points in a financial setting. You will practise giving a presentation describing change, write an email about a financial report and a memo on future plans.
The course consists of short modules which explore financial vocabulary in a wide range of areas of finance. These include Money movements, Facts and Figures, Financial Reporting, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Banking, Taxation, Real Estate and Insurance.
This course aims to:
- Develop your financial vocabulary
- Revise essential grammar in a financial context
- Gain more confidence in your use of Financial English
- Improve your financial English fluency
- This online course consists of 5 modules. Each module explores new financial vocabulary and pronunciation and grammar clinic. At the end of each module, a test yourself activity helps you to practise your recently acquired knowledge.
- The exercises include listening as well as reading activities followed by practical use of vocabulary in a financial setting by means of interactive exercises such as gap-fill, matching or multiple choice questions.
- Personal feedback is given on your choice of vocabulary, style and structure in the written assignments helping you to professionalise your financial English language skills.
- This flexible and convenient course consists of 5 online modules
- The course is aimed to last for 10 weeks and each module should take approximately 3,5 hours to work through.
- You will have access to the course for a period of three months. This ensures you can study and plan at your own convenience.
- The language of instruction is in English.
- You will receive a certificate of completion if you have completed a minimum of 80% course completion.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount.