Dutch level 3
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
This beginner course covers the four skills listening, reading, writing and speaking.
During the lockdown (at least until 2 March), all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
About the Dutch level 3 course
In addition, we will look at the basics of Dutch grammar and Dutch vocabulary. The following themes will be used: health, describing people, education and work, having a phone call.
This Dutch level 3 course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A2 in a short period of time.
At the end of this course, participants can understand sentences and frequently used expressions that are related to daily life (such as personal data, relatives, shopping, work). They can communicate in simple and every-day tasks. They can use simple words to describe aspects of their own background, their immediate surroundings and their needs and desires.
Different competences will be discussed during the classes. Assignments will be made in class, in groups, pairs or individually. More information about the course programme, homework and suggestions for additional online exercises will be published on the electronic learning environment.
In this course we use the book De opmaat. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This Dutch level 3 course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2 to 3 hours per week.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- In this course we use the book De opmaat. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Participants should attend 8 out of 9 sessions in order to receive a certificate. There will be no final test.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2021
Day Date Start End Tuesday 20 April 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 4 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 11 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 18 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 25 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 1 June 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 8 June 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 15 June 2021 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 22 June 2021 20:15 21:45