Dutch for German Speakers (Advanced)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
Perhaps you have passed the State Exam in Dutch as a Second Language (Staatsexamen NT2), programme II? Or perhaps you have reached an equivalent level, but you still need to improve your Dutch language ability? Then this is the course for you.
€ 455,00Sign up
Starting from 8 September 2021
About the course
In this course you will improve your speaking and writing skills in particular, as well as expanding your vocabulary and refreshing and extending your knowledge of the grammar.
The course focuses on:
- Speaking: this skill will be practised through discussions, conversations in pairs and brief presentations. Topics are linked to the texts in the course book or to current issues, but there is also room for your own input.
- Writing: this skills will be practised by means of a variety of written tasks (emails, letters, short notes, reports). The writing tasks are drawn mainly from the course book, but other tasks can also be agreed on with the teacher.
- Grammar work: students’ knowledge of a number of grammatical areas (e.g. sentence structure, verb tenses, use of prepositions, the word ‘er’, etc.) will be reviewed and extended.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Advanced) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level C1 in a short period of time.
Students need to have passed the State Exam in Dutch as a Second Language (Staatsexamen NT2), Programme II, or to have successfully completed a course at level B2. If this is your first course at Babel, we request that you complete the placement test on our website in order to determine your level.
The learning goals are:
- Speaking: the students will learn to express themselves in a greater variety of ways and to have greater confidence when taking part in a wide range of conversations and discussions.
- Writing: students will learn to write clear emails and well-structured short texts on a wide variety of topics.
- Grammar: students will gain a better grasp of Dutch grammar and sentence structure, leading in particular to improved writing skills.
The varied classroom activities will be carried out either as a whole class, in small groups, in pairs or individually. The electronic learning platform gives information about the contents of the lessons, the tasks set for homework and ideas for additional online practice work.
On this course we use the book: Nederlands naar Perfectie. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This Dutch for German Speakers (Advanced) course consists of 16 sessions of 1,75 hours or 18 sessions of 1,5 hours. The advised self-study load is 30 hours.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- In this course we use the book: Nederlands naar Perfectie. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Students need to attend a minimum of 80% of the classes and to play an active part during lessons. There is no final exam. During the course you will receive regular feedback from the teacher on the speaking and writing tasks and (where applicable) on any presentation you give.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 8 September 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 8 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 15 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 22 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 29 September 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 6 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 13 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 20 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 27 October 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 3 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 17 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 24 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 1 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 8 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 15 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 5 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Wednesday 12 January 2022 18:00 19:45