IELTS Exam Preparation course
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Preparing for the IELTS exam? Do this efficiently in our IELTS preparation course. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
COVID-19: As long as the measures against the coronavirus are still in place, we will continue to host our classes in virtual classrooms. For the courses that start in the week of 20 April, we offer a free flexible booking policy.
Starting from 9 September 2020
About the IELTS exam preparation course
This training aims to help you improve your English skills and prepare you for the IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System). If you need to improve your score we can help you develop the skills you need. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
This course focuses on:
- listening (comprehension, supporting ideas, important details);
- structure (revision of tenses, completing sentences and finding grammatical errors);
- reading (main ideas, inferences, vocabulary);
- writing (analysing exam questions, organising and developing ideas in standard English);
- speaking (keeping up a conversation, language of discussion, vocabulary);
- exam strategies (timing, avoiding misleading answers).
During the course we will work in groups, pairs and also do some tasks individually. This course also involves self-study.
This course consists of 9 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- We also offer this course during the summer. Click here to view the Summer School IELTS Exam Preparation course (B2+).
- Starting date: 9 September 2020
Day Date Start End Wednesday 9 September 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 16 September 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 23 September 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 30 September 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 7 October 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 14 October 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 21 October 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 28 October 2020 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 4 November 2020 20:00 21:45