TOEFL Exam Preparation course
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Do you want to prepare for the TOEFL exam? Do this efficiently in our special TOEFL preparation course. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
COVID-19 update 16 March 2021: Important information
During the lockdown, you can take one lesson per week on location in Utrecht. The rest of your lessons will be via Virtual Classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will fully switch back to teaching on location. So, you can still enrol for an on-site language course. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus in our buildings here.
About the TOEFL exam preparation course
Do you need to improve your TOEFL score? We can help you develop the skills you need! This training aims to improve your English language skills and prepare you for the TOEFL exam. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam. TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language and is a widely respected English-language test, recognized by more than 8,500 colleges and universities in more than 130 countries.
The TOEFL exam training focuses on:
- speaking (keeping up a conversation, language of discussion, vocabulary);
- listening (comprehension, supporting ideas, important details);
- reading (main ideas, inferences, vocabulary);
- writing (analysing exam questions, organising and developing ideas in standard English);
- structure (revision of tenses, completing sentences and finding grammatical errors);
- exam strategies (timing, avoiding misleading answers).
During the course we will work in groups, pairs and also do some tasks individually.
This course consists of 9 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 6 September 2021 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Monday 6 September 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 13 September 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 20 September 2021 18:30 20:00 Monday 27 September 2021 18:30 20:00
- Starting date: 9 September 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Thursday 9 September 2021 13:30 15:00 Thursday 16 September 2021 13:30 15:00 Thursday 23 September 2021 13:30 15:00 Thursday 30 September 2021 13:30 15:00