TOEFL Exam Preparation course
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Do you want to prepare for the TOEFL exam? Do this efficiently in our special TOEFL preparation course. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam.
During the lockdown (at least until 2 March), all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
About the TOEFL exam preparation course
Do you need to improve your TOEFL score? We can help you develop the skills you need! This training aims to improve your English language skills and prepare you for the TOEFL exam. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam. TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language and is a widely respected English-language test, recognized by more than 8,500 colleges and universities in more than 130 countries.
The TOEFL exam training focuses on:
- speaking (keeping up a conversation, language of discussion, vocabulary);
- listening (comprehension, supporting ideas, important details);
- reading (main ideas, inferences, vocabulary);
- writing (analysing exam questions, organising and developing ideas in standard English);
- structure (revision of tenses, completing sentences and finding grammatical errors);
- exam strategies (timing, avoiding misleading answers).
During the course we will work in groups, pairs and also do some tasks individually.
This course consists of 9 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Tuesday 20 April 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 4 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 11 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 18 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 25 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 1 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 8 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 15 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 22 June 2021 20:00 21:45
- Starting date: 21 April 2021 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Wednesday 21 April 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 28 April 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 5 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 12 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 19 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 26 May 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 2 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 9 June 2021 20:00 21:45 Wednesday 16 June 2021 20:00 21:45