Email writing in English (e-learning)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
Would you like to write proper and clear emails, in which you apply a coherent structure, share a clear message and use an appropriate closing? This online course will enable you to work on your emailing skills in English, concerning both business and private emails.
€ 130,00Sign up
About the course
During this course you will improve your email writing skills at B1+ level, working with both business and private emails. You will work on applying a clear structure, building clear and coherent sentences and using appropriate forms of politeness through a variety of language activities. Also, you can use the language help containing practical standard phrases to further enlarge your vocabulary.
This hands-on course enables you to focus on your personal learning goals as personal feedback is included so you can effectively improve your email writing skills.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- apply coherent structure
- formulate clear questions and information you would like to share
- use appropriate salutations and closings
- apply correct forms of politeness
- This course contains 6 online modules. Each module deals with a variety of language activities such as multiple choice questions, gap-fillers and mix and match exercises. Also, we offer practical language tips and free writing assignments.
- During the course, you can send in several of your own emails and will receive personal feedback from your trainer.
- Module 6 provides you with a selection of the previous modules, so can you effectively repeat the newly learned language.
- Instructions, assignments and feedback will all be provided in English.
The course is aimed to last 5-6 weeks, however you will have access to the course for a period of three months. This way, you are free to organise your time flexibly. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours per week.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance if you have completed 80% of the module.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.