German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Taught in Utrecht, this German course for non-Dutch speakers will extend your basic knowledge of German through a range of different exercises.
COVID-19: As long as the measures against the coronavirus are still in place, we will continue to host our classes in virtual classrooms. For the courses that start in the week of 20 April, we offer a free flexible booking policy.
Starting from 20 April 2020
About the German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course
Upon completing the course you will be able to hold simple, small conversations in German, read and understand simple texts and communicate about general things. The trainer will explain everything in English.
This German course is aimed at everyone who wants to extend their basic knowledge of German. In every class you will practice listening, grammar and speaking.
The instructor will sometimes use extra materials, especially to increase your vocabulary. Occasionally the instructor will make time for extra activities.
This German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A1+ in a short period of time. You need to have had approximately 20 hours of German classes (including 40 hours of self-study). Click on this link and do the test. You can also read the level descriptions.
After the course you can continue with German level 3 (information is in Dutch).
The trainer will deal with grammar and learning material in a group setting and will start each lesson with a discussion of the homework or a review of the material from previous chapters. During the classes, you will work on listening comprehension, and an important part of the class consists of speaking practice in pairs or in small groups followed by class feedback.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2 to 3 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is as much German as possible. Participants can ask questions in German or English.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 20 April 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 4 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 11 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 18 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 25 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 8 June 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 15 June 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 22 June 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 29 June 2020 18:30 20:00