German level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Taught in Utrecht, this German course for non-native speakers of Dutch will improve your pronunciation, reading, listening, writing, speaking, and grammatical skills. The trainer will explain everything in English.
In order to ensure a safe learning environment for our students, we took measures against the spread of the coronavirus.
€ 190,00Sign up
Starting from 11 February 2021
About the German level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers) course
You will practise, among others, your pronunciation, reading, speaking and grammatical skills. Depending on the activity, you will work on these skills in pairs, in groups or individually.
This German level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers) is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A1 in a short period of time. You can start with a beginner level. Click on this link and do the test. You can also read the level descriptions.
Upon completing the course the participant will be able to hold very simple, small conversations in German, read and understand easy texts and communicate about general things. After this course you will be able to continue with German level 2.
The trainer will deal with grammar and learning material in a group setting and will start each lesson with a discussion of the homework or a review of the material from previous chapters. During the classes, you will work on listening comprehension, and an important part of the class consists of speaking practice in pairs or in small groups followed by class feedback.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This German level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers) course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2 to 3 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is as much German as possible. Participants can ask questions in German or English.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Participants are expected to actively participate during the classes, do exercises at home and frequently revisit covered material at home. Sometimes you will be given a writing assignment. You will receive a certificate if you attend 8 out of 9 sessions.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 11 February 2021
Day Date Start End Thursday 11 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 18 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 25 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 4 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 11 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 18 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 25 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 1 April 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 8 April 2021 19:00 20:30