French level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
In this follow-up course you will enlarge your basic knowledge of French by means of short listening and reading texts, vocabulary, grammar and simple interaction. You will also learn more about the culture. This course also serves as preparation for our French course level 3.
In order to ensure a safe learning environment for our students, we took measures against the spread of the coronavirus.
About the French level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course
If you can speak French, you can get by in a host of countries: not only France but also Canada, Belgium and several African countries.
Participants cover Le nouveau taxi. Each lesson will contain at least one listening activity, one grammar topic, speaking skills exercises and a focus on pronunciation. The teacher may also spend time on ‘the study of France’, informing the class about habits, customs and developments in France.
This French level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A1 in a short period of time. Participants need to have followed approximately 20 lesson hours of French (40 hours including self-study). Click on this link and do the test. You can also read the level descriptions.
By the end of French level 2, participants will be able to:
- understand simple, short, spoken and written texts;
- express themselves in a range of simple everyday situations, such as introducing oneself, saying where you work or what your nationality is;
- conjugate the most common verbs;
- formulate questions and negative statements;
- use the possessive pronoun correctly;
- pronounce French words correctly, according to the rules of pronunciation.
The teacher will teach grammar and lessons from the book to the whole group and will make use of a CD for listening practice. An important part of the lessons is speaking practice in pairs, followed by follow-up as a class.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
The French level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week. It is important not only to do your homework, but also to regularly spend time working on building up your vocabulary.
- The language of instruction is English during the lessons, but the teacher will speak French where necessary. Participants can ask questions in English.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings. There is no final exam for this course. If desired, an optional test may be set.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 17 November 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 17 November 2020 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 24 November 2020 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 1 December 2020 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 8 December 2020 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 15 December 2020 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 5 January 2021 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 12 January 2021 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 19 January 2021 19:00 20:30 Tuesday 26 January 2021 19:00 20:30
- Starting date: 21 April 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 21 April 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 28 April 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 12 May 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 19 May 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 26 May 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 2 June 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 9 June 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 16 June 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 23 June 2021 19:00 20:30