French level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Are you planning to go to France and do you want to be able to say more than ‘une baguette’ and ‘deux croissants’? Enrol then in this course!
In order to ensure a safe learning environment for our students, we took measures against the spread of the coronavirus.
€ 190,00Sign up
Starting from 10 February 2021
About the French level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers) course
The course is centered around communication skills. You will learn to make yourself understood in everyday situations: saying hello, ordering in a café or restaurant, going shopping, asking for and giving directions, exchanging personal information. You will learn French from a teacher who not only speaks the language perfectly, but also knows the culture of the country well.
This French level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A1- in a short period of time. Click on this link to do the test. You can also read the level descriptions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to introduce themselves and conduct a brief conversation, asking and answering questions. Participants will also be able to write and read short texts, and will be able to produce the following grammatical areas both verbally and in written form: conjugation of the most important verbs in the present tense (être, avoir, vouloir, pouvoir), forms of politeness (je voudrais, j’aimerais). The course will also pay attention to cultural aspects: habits, customs and rules.
The activities vary from whole-group (with the teacher explaining), to working in pairs or small groups. At home, participants learn new words, look through their notes and do homework tasks.
As well as the book (Le nouveau taxi, see the right-hand side of the page for more information), we also use handouts, videos, listening texts and role plays. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This French level 1 (for non-Dutch speakers) course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours per week.
- The language of instruction is as much French as possible during the lessons, but the teacher will also give instructions in English.
- As well as the book (Le nouveau taxi, see the right-hand side of the page for more information), we also use handouts, videos, listening texts and role plays. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings. There is no final exam.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 10 February 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 10 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 17 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 24 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 3 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 10 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 17 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 24 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 31 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Wednesday 7 April 2021 19:00 20:30