Summer School Cambridge English Proficiency (C1- -> C1+)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
If you want to be able to use English flexibly and effectively at both social and professional levels, this is the course for you! This high-level Cambridge Proficiency course will give you the thorough training you need to express yourself confidently in English.
In addition, you will become more aware of the relationship between language and culture, and the significance of register. All four skills will be addressed through a variety of challenging and lively activities. Grammar revision and self-study are integral components of the course.
This course aims to improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, and learn self-study strategies. The course aim is to reach level C1+.
The course focuses on:
- expanding vocabulary;
- increasing high-level conversational skills;
- developing reading skills;
- and acquiring learning strategies;
- improving pronunciation;
- perfecting knowledge of grammar;
- improving listening skills;
- improving writing skills;
- increasing your awareness of cultural differences and register.
- Contact hours: 27
- Hours of self study at the institute: 12
- Homework: 11
- Total study load: 50 hours
This course is suitable for people who have reached CEFR level C1.
You are required to do a placement test developed by Babel. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you. Please note that it can take up to 5 working days until your language level is assessed.