Spoken English Advanced
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Is your English a little rusty? In the advanced communication course Spoken English Advanced you continually speak English, develop your vocabulary, and refresh some grammar along the way. Your active participation in conversations on a wide variety of subjects will increase your fluency and confidence in English.
Starting from 20 April 2020
About the Advanced English Conversation course
The main focus is fluency and ease of communication. There will be discussions on a wide range of topics. The course also covers work on vocabulary development and revision. Grammar will be reviewed on the basis of errors made during the discussions.
This Advanced English Conversation course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B2+ in a short period of time. You can start with level B2. The course provides opportunities for you to practise and improve your spoken English. It also enables you to build your vocabulary.
In this course we offer you practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
This Advanced English Conversation course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is approximately 2 hours per meeting.
- The language of instruction is English.
- In this course we offer you practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
- You can order your book here.
- Active participation is preferred in the course meetings; also preparing for the discussion tasks. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 20 April 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 4 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 11 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 18 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 25 May 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 8 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 15 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 22 June 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 29 June 2020 18:00 19:45