English level 4
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
Do you need to develop your English for work or study? In the course English level 4 we will help you on your way. We will use a great variety in exercises to work on all your language skills.
Starting from 21 April 2020+ 1 more dates
About the English level 4 course
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. This is the follow-up course for the Level 3 course and is on B1 towards B2 level. This course will provide you with the knowledge you need for more advanced courses.
The course focuses on:
- expanding your vocabulary;
- increasing general conversational skills;
- developing reading skills and acquiring self-study skills;
- improving pronunciation;
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- improving listening skills;
- improving writing skills.
This English level 4 course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B1+ in a short period of time. You can start with level B1. Please note: this course follows after English level 3, but it is not compulsory to start with English level 3.
This course aims to improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, and learn self-study strategies.
The focus in the course meetings is on speaking and practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the second part of the book Cambridge English Empower Intermediate Combo A. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English level 4 course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the second part of the book Cambridge English Empower Intermediate Combo A. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 21 April 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 21 April 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 28 April 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 12 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 19 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 26 May 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 2 June 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 9 June 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 16 June 2020 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 23 June 2020 18:30 20:00
- Starting date: 24 April 2020
Day Date Start End Friday 24 April 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 1 May 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 8 May 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 15 May 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 22 May 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 29 May 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 5 June 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 12 June 2020 09:00 10:30 Friday 19 June 2020 09:00 10:30