English level 2
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you need to develop your English for work or for your studies? In this course English level 2 we will help you on your way. We will use a great variety of exercises so that you can work on all your language skills.
Starting from 20 April 2020
About the English level 2 course
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. Grammar revision will make you more confident about your accuracy in using English.
The course focuses on:
- expanding you vocabulary;
- increasing general conversational skills;
- developing reading skills;
- improving pronunciation;
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- improving listening skills;
- developing writing skills;
- acquiring self-study skills.
This English level 2 course is suitable when you have a CEF-score of at least level A1 for the components: language structures, writing and self assessment.
This course at pre-intermediate level will help you to go from level A2- to level A2+ and will provide you with the knowledge you need for the more advanced B1 level course.
The focus in the course meetings is on speaking and practical, hands-on exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Pre-intermediate Combo A with Online Assessment. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English level 2 course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Pre-intermediate Combo A with Online Assessment. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You wil receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 20 April 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 20 April 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 4 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 11 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 18 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 25 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 8 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 15 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 22 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 29 June 2020 20:15 21:45