English level 1+
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you need to develop your English for work or for your studies? In this course English level 1+ we will help you on your way. We will use a great variety of exercises so that you can work on all your language skills.
Starting from 10 February 2020+ 1 more dates
About the English level 1+ course
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. Grammar revision will make you more confident about your accuracy in using English. Level 1 will provide students with the knowledge they need for level 2.
The course focuses on:
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- expanding you vocabulary;
- increasing general conversational skills;
- developing reading skills;
- improving pronunciation;
- improving listening skills;
- developing writing skills;
- acquiring self-study skills.
The English level 1+ course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A2 in a short period of time.
This course is relevant when you have an A1 CEF-score for the components: language structures, writing and self-assessment. The course aims to improve listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and you will learn self-study strategies.
During the course the focus is on speaking and practical, hands-on exercises using task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Elementary. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English level 1+ course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The languages of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Elementary. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is required during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 10 February 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 10 February 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 17 February 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 24 February 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 2 March 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 9 March 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 16 March 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 23 March 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 30 March 2020 20:15 21:45 Monday 6 April 2020 20:15 21:45
- Starting date: 21 April 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 21 April 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 28 April 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 12 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 19 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 26 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 2 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 9 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 16 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 23 June 2020 20:15 21:45