English level 1+
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you need to develop your English for work or for your studies? And are you already a little bit familiar with English? Then the course English level 1+ is the right fit for you!
COVID-19: As long as the measures against the coronavirus are still in place, we will continue to host our classes in virtual classrooms. For the courses that start in the week of 20 April, we offer a free flexible booking policy.
Starting from 21 April 2020+ 1 more dates
About the English level 1+ course
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. Grammar revision will make you more confident about your accuracy in using English. This level 1+ course will provide students with the knowledge they need for level 2.
The course focuses on:
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- expanding you vocabulary;
- increasing general conversational skills;
- developing reading skills;
- improving pronunciation;
- improving listening skills;
- developing writing skills;
This course is the right choice for beginners that already have some basic knowledge about the English language.
The English level 1+ course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A2 in a short period of time.
This course is relevant when you have an A1 CEF-score for the components: language structures, writing and self-assessment. The course aims to improve listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and you will learn self-study strategies.
During the course the focus is on speaking and practical, hands-on exercises using task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Elementary. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English level 1+ course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The languages of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Elementary. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is required during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 21 April 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 21 April 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 28 April 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 12 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 19 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 26 May 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 2 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 9 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 16 June 2020 20:15 21:45 Tuesday 23 June 2020 20:15 21:45
- Starting date: 7 September 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 7 September 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 14 September 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 21 September 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 28 September 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 5 October 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 12 October 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 19 October 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 26 October 2020 18:30 20:00 Monday 2 November 2020 18:30 20:00