English level 1+
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you need to develop your English for work or for your studies? And are you already a little bit familiar with English? Then the course English level 1+ is the right fit for you!
In order to ensure a safe learning environment for our students, we took measures against the spread of the coronavirus.
About the English level 1+ course
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. Grammar revision will make you more confident about your accuracy in using English. This level 1+ course will provide students with the knowledge they need for level 2.
The course focuses on:
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- expanding you vocabulary;
- increasing general conversational skills;
- developing reading skills;
- improving pronunciation;
- improving listening skills;
- developing writing skills;
This course is the right choice for beginners that already have some basic knowledge about the English language.
The English level 1+ course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A2 in a short period of time.
This course is relevant when you have an A1 CEF-score for the components: language structures, writing and self-assessment. The course aims to improve listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and you will learn self-study strategies.
During the course the focus is on speaking and practical, hands-on exercises using task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Elementary. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English level 1+ course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- The languages of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Elementary. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is required during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 16 November 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 16 November 2020 19:00 20:30 Monday 23 November 2020 19:00 20:30 Monday 30 November 2020 19:00 20:30 Monday 7 December 2020 19:00 20:30 Monday 14 December 2020 19:00 20:30 Monday 4 January 2021 19:00 20:30 Monday 11 January 2021 19:00 20:30 Monday 18 January 2021 19:00 20:30 Monday 25 January 2021 19:00 20:30
- Starting date: 11 February 2021
Day Date Start End Thursday 11 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 18 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 25 February 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 4 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 11 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 18 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 25 March 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 1 April 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 8 April 2021 19:00 20:30