English Cambridge Proficiency
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
If you wish to express yourself flexibly in English in a wide variety of situations, this is the course for you! The course English Cambridge Proficiency will also provide you with the knowledge you need to pass the Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE).
No further courses scheduled (yet).
This training can be offered as a tailor-made course.
About the English Cambridge Proficiency course
In this high-level course, you will become aware of the subtleties of English and learn to master a near-native range of everyday vocabulary and language structures. Interactive software will provide extra practice. The course will also provide you with the knowledge you need to pass the Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE).
The course focuses on:
- improving advanced communication skills;
- expanding your vocabulary;
- improving pronunciation and intonation;
- increasing knowledge of advanced grammar points;
- developing high-level reading skills and acquiring self-study skills;
- improving high-level listening skills;
- improving high-level writing skills.
This English Cambridge Proficiency course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level C2 in a short period of time. You can start with level C1.
This course offers you extensive practice in writing, speaking, listening and reading at a high level. Self-study strategies will also feature in this course.
The focus in the course sessions is on speaking and practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. The trainer will provide regular feedback on the spoken and written performance of participants. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are covered in class and done on a self-study basis.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English Cambridge Proficiency course consists of 18 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours per session, preferably spread out evenly over the week.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation in the course sessions and ample time for self-study are essential if you want to meet the requirements of this advanced proficiency course. You receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 14 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.