English Cambridge Preliminary
Would you like to develop your ability to communicate in English for practical tasks and situations and accomplish this in an effective way while making considerable progress? The intermediate course English Cambridge Preliminary will help you on your way.
Starting from 18 November 2019
About the English Cambridge Preliminary course
Do you need to improve your English for work or for your studies? Would you like to prepare for an an internationally recognized qualification? This fast-track course will help you on your way. We will use a great variety of exercises enabling you to work on all your language skills.
The course focuses on:
- Increase your knowledge of grammar;
- Expand your vocabulary and idioms;
- Increase your general conversational skills;
- Develop better reading and comprehension skills;
- Improve/correct your pronunciation;
- Improve your listening skills;
- Develop your writing skills;
- Acquire self-study skills.
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. Grammar revision will make you more confident about your accuracy in using English. This course will also provide you with the knowledge you need for more advanced courses.
This course is aimed at those with a higher educational background who wish to achieve level B1+ in a short period of time. You can start with level A2+.
This intensive course (2 evenings per week) aims to improve listening, speaking, reading and writing skills at a faster pace. Self-study strategies will also be covered.
During the course, the focus is on speaking and practical, hands-on exercises using task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are covered in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the Cambridge Objective Preliminary book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This course consists of 18 sessions of 1 hour 45 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 6-8 hours a week.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the Cambridge Objective Preliminary book and workbook. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 25% discount.
- Starting date: 18 November 2019
Day Date Start End Monday 18 November 2019 18:00 19:45 Monday 25 November 2019 18:00 19:45 Monday 2 December 2019 18:00 19:45 Monday 9 December 2019 18:00 19:45 Monday 16 December 2019 18:00 19:45 Monday 6 January 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 13 January 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 20 January 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 27 January 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 10 February 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 17 February 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 24 February 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 2 March 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 9 March 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 16 March 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 23 March 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 30 March 2020 18:00 19:45 Monday 6 April 2020 18:00 19:45