English Cambridge Advanced blended
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
We will use a great variety of exercises and classroom activities to work on all your language skills. This C1 level course will also provide you with information you need for passing the Cambridge Advanced exam. This course offers one class session and one self study module per week.
Starting from 13 February 2020+ 1 more
About this course
This English Cambridge Advanced course is aimed at at those who wish to achieve level C1. You can start with level B2+
The course helps you to achieve a C1 level and to prepare for the Cambridge Advanced exam.
The course focuses on:
- increasing general conversational skills;
- expanding your vocabulary;
- improving pronunciation;
- improving nuances in your speech
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- developing reading skills for more complex texts and acquiring self-study skills;
- improving listening skills for more complex conversations;
- improving writing skills.
- Every week consists of two modules, one module is offered as a class session at Babel and one module as self study. For both weekly modules you will be working with the Cambridge Objective Advanced book and the online learning environment.
- You can order the course book required on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your book to the first session.
- The focus in the class sessions is on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are covered in class and in the self-study modules. In these self-study modules you will also be offered additional videos, audio and screencasts. Prior to each class session, the related self-study module should be completed.
This English Cambridge Advanced course consists of 9 class sessions at Babel in Utrecht and 9 self study modules of at least two hours per week. In addition, we recommend you to prepare properly for each class session.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the Cambridge Objective Advanced book, which you can order on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your book to the first session. Active participation is expected in the course sessions.
- Prior to each class session, the related self-study module should be completed.
- The course also includes 2-3 hours of weekly homework assignments. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings and complete 8 self-study modules.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 13 February 2020
Day Date Start End Thursday 13 February 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 20 February 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 27 February 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 5 March 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 12 March 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 19 March 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 26 March 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 2 April 2020 11:00 12:45 Thursday 9 April 2020 11:00 12:45
- Starting date: 21 April 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 21 April 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 28 April 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 12 May 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 19 May 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 26 May 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 2 June 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 9 June 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 16 June 2020 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 23 June 2020 20:00 21:45