Business English HR (blended)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
The international HR field is changing rapidly. Talents are managed carefully, employees demand more and more flexibility and the diversity of the international workforce is championed. This course has been specifically designed to help you carry out a variety of HR responsibilities and provide you with the up-to-date English language skills to do so. Since this is a blended course, you yourself can choose when to work on the online modules.
Starting from 14 November 2019+ 8 more
About the course
This course will greatly benefit HR professionals working in international organisations who wish to be more confident when using English. Whether you need to conduct a performance review, write a short memo providing an update on a project or deal with a grievance at work, this course enables you do this confidently. It will give you the HR terminology and strategic conversational skills you need. You will get plenty of opportunity to practise and will receive regular feedback on your use of English and pronunciation from your trainer.
The course covers a wide range of HR issues:
- Recruitment to retention of staff
- Benefit packages
Materials are up-to-date and videos address current issues such as diversity and inclusion. Being sensitive to cultural differences and knowing how to accommodate them is a recurring theme in the course. The course also offers you the opportunity to meet, work with and share ideas with other HR professionals.
This course is applicable if you have at least level B1+ CEFR score for the language structures, writing and self-assessment components. To ensure you have the required level, please complete our online placement test.
This course is applicable for those who regularly need to use English at work and wish to enhance their business HR English language skills.
After completing this course…
- you will have expanded your HR-related vocabulary
- you are a more fluent speaker in HR related situations like a job interview, appraisal meeting, small presentation or first meeting.
- you have improved your formal writing style for emails and memos.
- you master some useful communication skills (active listening, showing understanding, asking open questions, agreeing and disagreeing)
- you are more aware of intercultural issues and how to deal with them
- you are at English pronunciation
This blended course consists of developing both speaking fluency and written communication. HR related vocabulary will be enlarged and consolidated throughout the course.
There is a balance between 4 online modules for 12 hours and two full days of face-to face interactive sessions (see schedule). Participants will receive feedback from the trainer on their speaking and writing skills and can make use of a helpful glossary of common HR terms.
The course consists of 4 online modules totalling 12 hours and two full days of face-to-face interactive sessions at Babel. The advised self-study load is 3 hours a week.
The course is aimed to last 6 weeks, however, you will have access to the course for a period of three months. This way, you are free to organise your time flexibly.
- The language of instruction is English.
- This blended course consists of developing both speaking fluency and written communication. HR related vocabulary will be enlarged and consolidated throughout the course. There is a balance between 4 online modules for 12 hours and two full days of face-to face interactive sessions (see schedule). Participants will receive feedback from the trainer on their speaking and writing skills.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance if you have completed 5 of the 6 modules and attended both face-to-face sessions.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
The starting date shows the start of the course. The schedule shows when the face to face meetings take place.
- Starting date: 14 November 2019
Day Date Start End Thursday 21 November 2019 18:30 21:30 Thursday 28 November 2019 18:30 21:30 Thursday 19 December 2019 18:30 21:30 Thursday 9 January 2020 18:30 21:30
- Starting date: 20 November 2019
Day Date Start End Wednesday 27 November 2019 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 18 December 2019 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 2 December 2019
Day Date Start End Monday 9 December 2019 08:30 16:30 Monday 13 January 2020 08:30 16:30
- Starting date: 11 February 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 18 February 2020 09:30 16:30 Tuesday 10 March 2020 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 11 February 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 18 February 2020 18:30 21:30 Tuesday 25 February 2020 18:30 21:30 Tuesday 10 March 2020 18:30 21:30 Tuesday 17 March 2020 18:30 21:30
- Starting date: 2 March 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 16 March 2020 09:30 16:30 Monday 6 April 2020 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 12 March 2020
Day Date Start End Thursday 19 March 2020 18:30 21:30 Thursday 26 March 2020 18:30 21:30 Thursday 9 April 2020 18:30 21:30 Thursday 16 April 2020 18:30 21:30
- Starting date: 24 April 2020
Day Date Start End Friday 1 May 2020 09:30 16:30 Friday 22 May 2020 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 19 May 2020
Day Date Start End Tuesday 26 May 2020 09:30 16:30 Tuesday 16 June 2020 09:30 16:30