Brush Up Your English – Vocabulary and Common Collocations (online)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
If you would like to brush up your English vocabulary skills, then this online course is what you have been waiting for!
About the Brush Up Your English - Vocabulary and Common Collocations (online) course
Would you like to brush up your English vocabulary skills? Do you find yourself using the same words you learnt in high school? Would you like to learn new ways to learn and use new vocabulary? Or do you sometimes doubt how to ask for a favour or make a suggestion in English? If you answered “yes” to more than one of these questions, then this online course is what you have been waiting for!
This online course focuses on:
- revising your knowledge of vocabulary
- analysing strategies for learning and consolidating new vocabulary
- learning new expressions and word combinations, more commonly known as collocations
- helping you to sound more polite
- learning functional language phrases
- improving your fluency and boosting your confidence when speaking or writing in English.
Are you interested in this course and would you like to take sneak peak? Take a look at our free demo course Brush up your English.
This Brush Up Your English – Vocabulary and Common Collocations (online) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B1+ in a short period of time. You can start with level B1.
This course is applicable if you have at least level B1 CEF score for the language structures, writing and self-assessment components. To ensure you have the required level, please complete our online English Placement Test.
This online module allows you to study at the times which best fit your schedule. The exercises are interactive, fun and reflective.
This online module offers three units which focus on learning strategies, functional language and vocabulary and expressions for softening your language, helping you sound polite and friendly.
The Brush Up Your English – Vocabulary and Common Collocations (online) course is aimed to last 8 weeks, although you will have access to the course for a period of three months. This enables you to organise your time flexibly. The average student spends around 5 – 10 hours on this course.
- You will receive a certificate if you have completed 80% of the material provided.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.