Summer School Dutch Level 5 (B1 -> B2)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
Invest in your future, bring your Dutch to the next level! This upper-intermediate course in Dutch offers you the opportunity to learn the Dutch language fast and well.
COVID-19: From the first of July onwards, several courses will be taught again at our teaching locations. This will be clearly specified on the course page. The other courses will be taught online in our virtual classroom.
Starting from 3 August 2020
About the Summer School course Dutch Level 5
The course aim is to reach level B2. It covers the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the course you will also become more familiar with Dutch customs and manners. If you are looking to become a more proficient user of Dutch, this is the course for you!
The following themes will be covered: holidays, spare time, transportation, nature and landscape, eating and drinking, environment, safety and health, economics and work, and science.
The course aim is to reach level B2 (CEF).
After completing the Summer School course Dutch Level 5:
- Participants can understand the main idea of complex texts, both with concrete and abstract subjects, including technical discourse in the participant’s own professional field.
- Participants can react fluently and spontaneously, in such a way that a normal exchange is possible with native speakers of Dutch, without any strain on either side.
- Participants can produce a clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects, and they can give their opinion on a topical issue and give advantages as well as disadvantages of different options.
Course activities include:
- Speaking fluently
- Oral and written summaries
- Grammar exercises
- Letter writing
- Preparation for the NT2 exam programme II
Contact hours: 57
Hours of self study: 60
Total study load: 117 hours
The language of instruction is Dutch.
The Summer School course Dutch Level 5 is suitable for people who have reached B1 level (CEFR).. You are required to do a placement test. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you.
- Starting date: 3 August 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 3 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Tuesday 4 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Wednesday 5 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Thursday 6 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Friday 7 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 10 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Tuesday 11 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Wednesday 12 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Thursday 13 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Friday 14 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 17 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Tuesday 18 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Wednesday 19 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Thursday 20 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Friday 21 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 24 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Tuesday 25 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Wednesday 26 August 2020 13:30 16:30 Thursday 27 August 2020 13:30 16:30