Summer School Dutch Level 2 (A1 -> A1+)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Can you already understand a few words of Dutch? Are you able to answer basic questions at the supermarket check-out? Then this is the Summer School course for you.
About the Summer School course Dutch Level 2
This beginners-plus course in Dutch offers you the opportunity to learn the Dutch language fast and well. It covers the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the course you will also become familiar with Dutch customs and manners.
This course covers the following activities:
- Grammar exercises
- Letter writing
Dutch is a Germanic language that is spoken by approximately 23 million people world-wide. Most of these live in the Netherlands and in Belgium, but Dutch is also spoken in Suriname and on the Dutch Antilles. Dutch language level 2 is designed for beginners and gives you the opportunity to learn the basics of Dutch fast and well.
Expand your basic knowledge of the Dutch language and reach CEF-level A1+.
After completing this course:
- You can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- You can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- You can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Different competences will be discussed during the classes. Assignments will be made in class, in groups, pairs or individually.
- Contact hours: 27
- Hours of self study at the institute: 12
- Homework: 11
- Total study load: 50 hours
The language of instruction is Dutch.
The course is suitable for beginners with some prior knowledge of Dutch. You are required to do a placement test. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you.