Summer School Dutch Language and Culture Advanced (C1 -> C1+)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
This advanced course in Dutch offers you the opportunity to further improve your Dutch language skills. It focuses on an active command of the language mostly covering speaking and writing. The course aim is to reach level C1+ and enjoy expanding your knowledge of the Dutch culture. An average day consists of a lecture by an expert, and a Dutch language class in which the participants will analyse various recordings and read and discuss articles.
- have passed the NT2 State Exam programme 2 and have reached at least C1 level
- have been studying Dutch language and culture in their home country
- and have been working on their Dutch language skills at a high level ever since.
- vocabulary expansion
- short presentations (including Q&A)
- writing assignments
- poetry and literature
- cultural excursions
- a unique Utrecht city tour.
- Contact hours: 50 (including an excursion)
- Hours of self study at the institute: 25
- Total study load: 75 hours
You are required to do a placement test developed by Babel. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. In addition, a teacher will contact you for a short telephone interview. On the basis of your test result and the interview you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you. Please note that it can take up to 5 working days until your language level is assessed.