Dutch exam training for the AKV-exam – doctors, pharmacists, psychologists
Are you soon to take your Medical Assessment exam and would you like to be well prepared for the Dutch language element of the General Knowledge and Skills test? This exam training course will help you practice important skills and improve your Dutch.
Starting from 22 November 2019
About the Dutch exam training for the AKV-exam - doctors, pharmacists, psychologists
The Medical Assessment Exam Training course is aimed at medical doctors, pharmacists, medical physicists (radiologists), psychologists and psychotherapists who wish to become accredited members of the BIG register in the Netherlands and therefore shortly need to take the AKV (Algemene kennis en vaardigheden, General Knowledge and Skills) test as part of the Medical Assessment exam.
Our exam course for the Dutch language element will prepare you for the following four aspects of the AKV test:
- drawing out the main meaning of an article
- giving a presentation
- the doctor-patient interview
- writing a report
This exam course is intended as preparation for the AKV test of the Medical Assessment exam.
This course will give you the skills you need to help you take the AKV test, but you should already have the language level (B2) needed for the exam, that is, at least Dutch State Exam Level II. (Staatsexamen NT2- II ).
This Dutch exam training for the AKV exam is a skills training course. By the end of the course, students should:
- be able to distinguish main points from side issues in a text and have practised summarising the main point of an article.
- know the basics of giving a short presentation
- have practised conducting a doctor-patient interview in which you have covered aspects such as showing appropriate care, summarising and probing into what the patient says, and rounding off with a statement regarding follow-up appointments.
- know what is expected in writing up the doctor-patient interview, and have practised doing so.
The exam course consists of 8 lessons of three hours each, each following the pattern: one hour with the teacher, one hour of obligatory private study, followed by a final hour with the teacher. Each of the four exam components are dealt with and practised in a focused way, partly as a class and partly in groups of two or three.
The teacher will provide copies of the teaching materials during the lessons.
This Dutch exam training for the AKV exam consists of 8 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is approximately 5 hours per lesson.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- The teacher will provide copies of the teaching materials during the lessons.
- Students are required to attend a minimum of 80% of the classes and to play an active role. Attendance at at least 7 of the 8 classes will ensure you receive a certificate of attendance. There are no in-course tests.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 25% discount.
- Starting date: 22 November 2019
Day Date Start End Friday 22 November 2019 13:30 16:30 Friday 29 November 2019 13:30 16:30 Friday 6 December 2019 13:30 16:30 Friday 13 December 2019 13:30 16:30 Friday 20 December 2019 13:30 16:30 Friday 10 January 2020 13:30 16:30 Friday 24 January 2020 13:30 16:30 Friday 31 January 2020 13:30 16:30
- Starting date: 10 February 2020
Day Date Start End Monday 10 February 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 17 February 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 24 February 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 2 March 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 9 March 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 16 March 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 23 March 2020 13:30 16:30 Monday 30 March 2020 13:30 16:30